Friday, July 3, 2009

Cracker Barrell!



What is your favorite place to stop on the road? CRACKER BARREL DUh!

Ok, so I have tried many things here, such as the chicken fried chicken, the steak fried chicken, the campfire chicken, and the Roast Beef Dinner. I think I liked the chicken fried chicken the best, especially on a Friday night, with a pair of jeans that fit just right. My partner likes the steak fried chicken much better. The restaurant has a very at home feeling, amazing service, and very cheap prices, and an amazing gift shop, which are all reasons I love it!

Here is my partners opinion:
first of all i love any place with shopping in the lobby! they have tons of cute little knickknacks and yummy candy! my only complaint about the store is that they only have VA tech stuff.
The staff is always super nice! i have never had a bad waitress in there. and even if they gave bad service, they were so nice so i didn't mind. I love that they give you corn bread and biscuits with your meal. My favorite thing is chicken fried steak, its more flavorful than the chicken. Its a good texture, not too much breading, and has just the right amount of spices. The gravy is a bit flavorless but its still delish. I also love that they give you three sides! their turnip greens are really yummy and i would highly recommend them.
Other dishes i would recommend would be the sampler plate, the meatloaf, and definitely the pot pie! but they only serve it certain days which is dumb. Overall Cracker Barrel is amazing. While it isn't anything fancy, it is the best country home style cooking i have had in a restaurant. I would recommend it to anyone. its also cheap! I went there with my family of six adults and we each got a meal and drinks and the bill was $60!
They have shopping, amazing staff, and yummy food! what more could you ask for!
also one time we locked out keys in the car there and it was pouring rain and first an employee found a wire hanger so we could break in and then some fellow customers stood out in the rain with us to help is try to get in and even offered to call AAA for us! where else but cracker barrel would you find that kind of kindness?!

Sincerly your absolute Favorite Country Food Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment